Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 10

I feel like I was betrayed by my best friend. I've been going to the Borders on McKnight Road for as long as it has been there. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars. They always have what I need, or go out of their way to find it. I used to love going there.

After using the ILL system unsuccessfully (well they had 2/3 books...see yesterday's post) to try and find a book I need for a lesson tomorrow, I tried the local book store as a last resort. I called to make sure they had it in (and there were two copies), and then went this evening to pick it up...and dragged Katie along with me. When we couldn't find it on the shelf, I went to the "customer service" area where a woman confirmed they had two copies and they should be on the shelf. (Big surprise.) So, we ALL went to look for it (again), and she only said, "Well, it's not here on the shelf." (Duh...I already told her that.) I asked if she could check in the back. She said that there wasn't "a back." (Lie.) THEN she had the guts to say, "You can just check all of the books in case it was put back in the wrong spot." (Uhhh....do you know how many books there are here, lady? Are you insane?) Then she walked away.

Am I wrong to feel like I was made to feel I did something wrong? Uh, lady, it's your JOB to at least make an effort to find the book. Or at least offer to order it. Or call another store or SOMEthing. Humor me and say you would check in the back. Pretend. I don't care.

Borders gets a big FAIL for their customer service today. I added a photo of the bag (Katie ended up getting a book) to my 365 to remind myself to skip the middle man and head straight to Barnes and Noble.

3 comments:

  1. I have a better idea. How about Amazon.com! You can buy it new, you can buy it used, you can get it delivered right to your door, and Katie doesn't get dragged with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chris Of course I tweeted it! :)

    @Wubert I am a frequent flyer on Amazon...However, it requires some forward thinking. I was hoping the library would come through first...Fail all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used to love Borders on McKnight....but was treated very rude last three times we went...

    ReplyDelete