Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11

su⋅shi [soo-shee]
–noun
Japanese Cookery. cold boiled rice moistened with rice vinegar, shaped into bite-size pieces and topped with raw seafood


I'm not really a carnivore. I don't like to eat red meat. Chicken? Sometimes ok. As long as I don't picture it with feathers first. There's something about things being alive and then eating it. I don't know. I'd go vegan if I had any willpower at all.

Now, take that one step further and actually eat something that WAS alive, but not cooked...like sushi. Blech. I love California rolls (no fish), so I was intrigued when Kevin bought this (see photo) for me over the weekend. It's called Grilled Salmon Sushi. My dinnertime thoughts this evening tried to answer this question: "Can it be 'real' sushi if it's cooked?" Ok, that's not all I thought about. I also wondered why in the world they put that fake grass in the package too. Your thoughts???

PS~It was delicious!

1 comment: