Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9

I am a librarian, but I am not a very good library patron. When I want to read a book, I buy it because I like having books as decorations and it helps me remember what I have read. So it comes as no surprise that I have lived in my house for over five years and never visited my local library. (When I do use a public library, it is the one near school.)

Today was my first trip to the library because I had some books that I need for next week's lessons delivered there. I was pleasantly surprised by the building. It is SMALL (like has probably fewer materials than my elementary school library has), but it's quaint and charming. The main part of the library is actually an old train station (Penn Central) and the children's department is in an old caboose. It was fun to browse around the cozy atmosphere.

Check out your local library. You never know what you might find!

No comments:

Post a Comment