Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4

Tonight I had dinner with a friend to exchange some late Christmas gifts. As another avid geocacher, he gave me two geocoins to add to my collection. The top one is a lightbulb and it is very sparkly. The bottom one is a Medusa coin with Greek writing on it. I'm always torn when I receive geocoins as gifts...They are meant to be sent out and tracked as they make their way around the world....plus storage space is at a minimum. On the other hand, greedy cachers who DO collect the coins steal them and keep them as their own. I would love to see it travel, though. What would you do?

3 comments:

  1. Nice GC's Bridget. I've seen where people have put pictures of them on something and put it in a keychain and it's a GC by proxy. I would go that route and then start a new cache somewhere and put them in there to get them going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember our San Fran geocoin? http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=7a822a78-56ae-48ff-9b65-3001050926a4
    Well someone took it to Canada, and they keep having people "discover it" rather than placing it somewhere it can travel. Kinda bugs me. At least in your case, someone isn't watching the coin to see what's happening. Your coin...do what YOU want.

    ReplyDelete