Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14

Hoarding wine corks has been a hobby of mine for about five years. There are hundreds in this hurricane vase...and dozens more in a bag in the pantry. (I don't drink THAT much wine...people just give them to me now!)

At first, I just liked them as decoration. Then I thought about making trivets, but didn't. Then wanted the corks as a border through my kitchen, but didn't do it. My new desire is to string these together to make this cork wreath. Cool, huh? See me in five more years!

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing Bridget...although I don't keep the "fake" corks, just the real ones. Still haven't decided what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yeah, Meg. I didn't for awhile, but it seems like so many bottles have the "fake" ones. It's annoying because they certainly aren't as pretty!

    ReplyDelete